Monday, October 24, 2011

I don't think God needs our help.

Here are a couple of wonderful verses to ponder:

''I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.'' 1 Chronicles 1:18–19

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him." - Jeremiah 17:5–7

Why do we tend to try to take things into our own hands instead of letting God work them out. I feel like theres so many times we do what we feel is best for those we care about, but what WE feel is best doesn't matter. What God feels is best is what matters. I think thats what God is saying through that first verse. Like, "Hey, you think you know things? Psh. You don't know Jack." Maybe thats not the language God would use, but who knows. Sometimes we just have to trust God to do what he's gonna do, even if it seems scary. AND DON'T TAKE THINGS INTO YOU"RE OWN HANDS! EVEN IF IT SEEMS BETTER FOR EVERYONE!

Thats whats on my heart right now. Along with a billion other things that I'm not quite ready to share with the inter-web.

Just to let you guys know.. This summer I went through some serious change. Not physically.. but spiritually. God called me to do big things, and that excites me like nothing else in the world. But it's really hard to do what God is calling me to do when all this world seems to do is hold me back. And that is by far the biggest problem I've been dealing with. And I started off dealing with it super well. I was headstrong, and I was ready to take on the world. But all this trial has really beat me up and worn me down. And it's really starting to take its toll on my heart and soul. I feel slightly broken, both mentally and spiritually.

Mentally, I don't think straight anymore. ANd I don't sleep well. Example: It's almost midnight on a monday night. I probably wont be asleep for another 2 hours.

Spiritually, I don't feel like I'm moving closer to whatever God wants for me, and that is killing me. I need a jumpstart. I need to refuel. I just don't know how.

Theres a song by Sanctus Real called, "I'm Not Alright" I love it. It helps me remember that this is all something that will bring me closer to God in the end. I've just gotta make it to the end.

I realize that there probably will be no one to read this, but thats cool. Its good just to write sometimes. SO I guess thats it. How do you end a blog post? Do I sign this? DO I just say "Bye"? Should I add a picture of a bunny waving? Who knows..

Stay Classy San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment