Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wobber-jobbed is a word..

Huh, I keep saying I really need to sit down and blog, but I have no time. SO at this point, I'm just doing it. I don't care if its late and I'm exhausted. I'm doing it.

I recently taught on the power of prayer in my high school's FCA. During the preparation for that lesson, I learned a lot. First, I learned that there are a ton of verses in the bible concerning prayer. Like, it probably gets close to 1000. Second I learned that the story of the two farmers is NOT a parable from the bible.

Let me explain. There is a story about two farmers. Both of them desperately need rain, and they both pray for it. Farmer A prays, and then sits down and waits. Farmer B goes out and prepares his crops to receive the rain. Who do you think expected God to send the rain? Obviously Farmer B.

For some reason, that story was in my head as a parable told by Jesus, but it's actually told by some old guy in the movie, Facing the Giants. Moral of the story is, we have to be willing to invest ourselves in what God is doing in our lives. We have to "prepare our fields", if you will.

Thats something I've been hardcore experiencing. As I've said before, I feel God calling me to something weird, something different. And while I don't know what it is, I do have this overwhelming feeling that its coming fast. And I want desperately for my fields to be ready to receive the rain, but it seems like every time I turn around I'm falling behind somewhere. Whether its school, family, my quiet time, or my finances, I been feeling like I'm never going to be prepared. But I think I'm a little wobber-jobbed. (That is a word. Don't fight it.) I think I'm a little different then those two farmers. I think I fit a different description. I'm spending plenty of time preparing my fields for rain, but I don't spend nearly enough time praying for his help.

So theres my thoughts. The song that got to me today is "To Know Your Name", by Hillsong Live. Who I am seeing this weekend. So pumped. A

So thats it. I promise to blog again soon. Maybe I'll blog on thanksgiving. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment