Thursday, October 27, 2011

Alpaca out of Nowhere!

So today we left for South Dakota at 5:45. And a 5:45 flight meant that I woke up at 3 in the morning. And I went to bed at 1. Mathematically, I believe that means I only got 2 hours of sleep.

Okay, so you know what 6 hours of travel means? Lots of music. Heres some stuff I listened to today, that you should probably check out:

-Josh Garrels
-Andrew Ripp
-Will Rethorford ("Fill Our Hearts" is in my top 5 worship songs)
-Everyday Sunday ("Find Me Tonight" is super good)
-The Killers

I also listened to a ton of Relient K. And they provided me with a song for the day. "Forget and not Slow Down" is off of one of there newest albums, and theres a reason it stuck out today. Its the first time I've listened to it since the flight home from Jamaica. The song starts out with the same recording from the sky-train thing in the airport we flew out of on that trip.

"The next station is concourse B. Concourse B as in Bravo."

It's kind of funny, because today was also the first day I've flown since Jamaica. Just the feel of being in an airport brought back all the emotion from that trip. It's funny how God can use things to remind you of what you are supposed to be doing. He showed me a lot in that trip, and I was right on the verge of saying, "It's not happening right now, so I'm done working for it, He's gonna have to do it himself." That would've been really dumb.

So I guess what I'm saying is, if God wants you to do something, and its burdening your heart, and you can tell it's God, then do it. And do it with all your heart. But like I've said before, don't expect it to go as planned, and don't expect it to be easy. Sometimes, it'll wear you out. But God's on top of things. Here's how I know that:


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11


"God will instruct him in the way chosen for him." -Psalm 25:12


"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." -Ephesians 2:10


Thats good stuff. You know what else is good stuff? I'm in South Dakota right now, pheasant hunting with my dad, brother, dad's friend, and his son. We're here for 4 days, and we are each allowed 4 birds a day. There is 5 of us, so we're allowed 20 birds a day. (More math..) At the end of day one, we'd only killed 10 birds as a group. I guess that's bad news, but the good news is, I shot 5 of those 10. So lets get a score count:

Daniel- 5
Dad-2
Ryan-2
Scott-1
Carter- 0

Just as I thought. I'm winning. Boo-yah.

I guess thats really all I've got for today. I should probably go to bed considering the lack of sleep I experienced last night. But thats not gonna happen. lol.

Here's a picture of a child being tackled by an Alpaca...

Get the title of this post now?

No comments:

Post a Comment