Monday, October 31, 2011

El estrés es muy estúpido (I don't speak spanish)

I am so tired of stressing about stuff. Seriously. I stress more than a 30 year old skizofrenic with four kids and an overdue house payment. And sometimes its over stupid stuff, like school.. (Jk Dad..) But sometimes its for big stuff, like what God's call for my life is.

I know I'm called into youth ministry. But that is still such a broad area. And just because I'm going to work with youth, doesn't mean I'm not going to have some other career too. Lately, that's what I've been stressing about. Where am I going to go to school? What am I going to major in? Should I double major? How much schooling should I do? Should I be a doctor? Is youth ministry going to allow me to provide for a family?

Well, I'm done. And by that I mean, "I'm partially done". Because I know worrying about it a little is fine, but the amount of stress it's causing me is not healthy. So I'm giving it to God. I trust Him completely. I really do. And I know that He has a plan, and He will provide.

My favorite verse of all time says this:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." -Philippians 4:6


So thats my though for the day. On a side note, if anyone has any ideas/advice for my future, that would be much appreciated.

My song for the day is by Steven Curtis Chapman, called "Do Everything". I love the first line of the chorus:

"Do every thing you do to the glory of the One who made you.. Cause He made you!"

Very to the point. It's a great song, so check it out.

So thats it. I'm done. Adios. Bonsoir. Goodnight, travel well.

No comments:

Post a Comment